[WT-support] Keyer speed using K3 macro

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Apr 20 17:45:38 CEST 2015

Which "CW macro" are you using?

How are you keying CW to the K3?  My KX3Scripts can do it via CAT
*command *(but
this is completely different, and not required for K3).  See
http://bit.ly/wtscripts (K3scripts.zip and KX3scripts.zip).

The easiest way to key CW on a K3 via the COM port DTR pin on the CAT
port.  Then you can use "++" and "--" characters in the middle of a message
to speed up and slow down, and you can use the internal keyer of the K3 for
hand sending with paddles at a different speed.  The scripts will also keep
the two speeds in sync, or the K3 speed can be set *x* WPM slower than the
Win-Test speed.  But it does not read the speed of the K3.

Note:  if you want to be spotted more by CW Skimmers, do *not* change CW
speed within a message.  CW Skimmer has trouble decoding CW when the speed
is changing all the time, especially if you make *big* speed changes (>2
WPM).