[WT-support] Intelligent Quick QSL and ESM mode

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Sep 23 17:47:31 CEST 2012

John,

Please take a look at the source for the ESM script, found here:

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/API#ESM_Script_.28embedded_into_Win-Test.29

In the SendTu() function of the standard ESM, it clearly generates a "PLUS"
keystroke when you're on CW, so ESM should work OK with the quick QSL
feature.

However, maybe you are using the "Alternate ESM" script provided by F5VIH,
with shortcq = true.  The TU message is hard coded in that case; it doesn't
used the PLUS key variables.

>From the logging Window, type SCRIPTS [Enter] and scroll down the list.  If
you see a script named ESM, use the Scripts Manager dialog to RENAME it.
 Then you will be using the standard ESM script.

If no such script is found, try copying the one from the Wiki page into
your Scripts directory, save as ESM.WTS, and see if that works any better.

FWIW, I have found that I prefer to be in control of a long or short TU
message myself, since there's no way that any type of automated quick QSL
can accurately judge the size of the calling pileup.  But I don't use ESM.
 I just reprogram F3 to be "TU $CR" and I press F3 instead of PLUS whenever
I want to log the QSO but send a short TU.