[WT-support] Update on Wintest and Cluster issue

Noel Chenavard nc at lem.com
Sat Mar 1 11:42:57 CET 2008

Andrew O'Brien wrote:
> .. I was able to get the Dx Cluster features to work on one
> PC, but not the one in the ham shack. .....  Since it works fine on one PC and not the
> other, I assume it is not the software.
Hi Andy,
I checked again your configuration on your web site:

http://www.obriensweb.com/wtcluster.jpg

The loopback setting using 127.255.255.255 works only for a local
configuration. on one PC, without communications to a second computer.

In your case, you are in a network configuration, you need your 2 PC's
to share the same cluster connection.
You must use 192.168.1.255 broadcast address, or the one according to
your local network configuration.
Please send us your 2 pc's ip addresses, so we can help you to set the
right broadcast address.

73 - noel f6bgc / f8kcf