[WT-support] WT Network protocol

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Tue Apr 17 14:40:25 CEST 2007

Green Heron Engineering wrote:
> Larry,
>
> Can we gain access to a few things in order to integrate our new IP
> based contester rotor control software?  I'm working with the K3LR guys
> on this one too.
>
> We need access to the selected current band, and the rotor turn command
> with heading.  Our software selects from up to 32 rotor controllers (4
> on each band per contest computer) and can turn one, some or all based
> on the current heading needed, and operator desire.
>
> Ideally a UDP packet with band data and another when rotor command
> issued.  We take it from there.
>
> Jeff - W2FU
> www.greenheronengineering.com <http://www.greenheronengineering.com>

Hi -

We are currently working on a rotator support in Win-Test. I cannot give
so much details for the moment because it is still under developpement.

Basically all the controllers will be connected to one or more
computers. A "wtRotators" program will run on each computer to interface
the controller with the WT network.

This program will broadcast periodically Azimuth informations on the WT
network, including: the antenna name and azimuth, the stack the antenna
is part of (if any), the name of the rotator the antenna is turned by
and the name of the controller which is associated with the rotator.

 From WT, you will be able to send orders to turn the antenna. Two types
of order would be possible (this is not yet developped, I just have some
idea in my mind):

- automatic beaming, WT will send band and azimuth according to the
current QSO : the wtRotator program will have the responsability to
select which rotator(s) must be turned (regarding to its configuration)

- manual beaming, the op will be able to turn manually an antenna or a
stack.

I think that you will have all you need with that.

The rotator feature will be included in WT v4 which is not planned
before the end of this year.

73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn