[WT-support] Problems / error message from contest recorder

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri May 27 23:13:54 CEST 2022

Hi Stephan

Le 27/05/2022 à 22:19, Stephan Schmieg a écrit :

> Now, the MP3 configuration looks exactly as the config window in the wiki above.
>
> Unfortunately, when I try to start the contestrecorder, I get the following error message:
>
> "Exception in LIBMP3! Exception in LIBMP3: LIBMP3_onStartRecording:waveInOpen: At least one parameter is invalid"

Actually, I'm not sure this LAME codec still works with recent OS.

There is now a much better solution.

1/ Download and unzip in a temp directory
http://download.win-test.com/utils/fraunhofer_codec_fix.zip

2/ Open an command windows with elevated privileges in this temp directory

3/ Run chortkeh-fix-mp3-codec.cmd

Once executed (and succeeded - hopefully), start Win-Test. You now
should have the Fraunhofer MP3 Codec available for recording.

73

Larry - F6FVY

--

Si vis pacem, para bellum - Végèce, Epitoma Rei Militaris