[WT-support] Problems / error message from contest recorder

Stephan Schmieg stephan at die-schmiegs.de
Fri May 27 22:19:07 CEST 2022

Hi,

I just struggled to configure my computer with win-test for the upcoming wpx cw contest. I wanted to setup the contest recorder. In order to do so, I followed the instructions from

https://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#MP3_Configuration

I definately made sure to run the rundll32 command with elevated command prompt (administrator privileges).

Now, the MP3 configuration looks exactly as the config window in the wiki above.

Unfortunately, when I try to start the contestrecorder, I get the following error message:

"Exception in LIBMP3! Exception in LIBMP3: LIBMP3_onStartRecording:waveInOpen: At least one parameter is invalid"

How can I resolve the issue?

Thank you for your advice in advance!

73

Stephan, DL6RDR