[WT-support] Colour changes on one machine are pushed to other machines on the network

Michael Ruttenberg mjruttenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 22:22:54 CEST 2022

I am raising this on behalf of others reporting the issue:

Has anyone else noticed the issue in v4.37 HQ that if you configure alternative colours for the Partner window, all other machines on the network get the same colours pushed? And if they are using a Tunnel for remote network connections, the remote stations also get the same behaviour.

Here’s the steps to reproduce:

> I have worked out what was going on. I set up my other PC as WT run. My normal PC as support and varied its Partner window colours (right click, colours) PC. If I use text as yellow then it will display as yellow on my Run PC. In fact any text colour I change on the support PC will show as that on my RUN PC.
>
> Someone changed their Partner Window text to yellow but if you change the background on the support PC it does not change the background on the run PC. Entirely possible for partner to set text as the same colour as the background on the RUN PC. Then the Run Op sees nothing..[because text colour = background colour]

Vy 73
Mike
G7TWC