[WT-support] Which multiple clusters (and how many) to connect to ?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Mar 26 19:14:49 CET 2015

It's usually not a good idea to connect to multiple clusters at the same
time with multiple instances of wtDxTelnet, since all of the "retail"
clusters distribute the same RBN data these days.  One of the CC Clusters,
with filtering for QTH of the spotter enabled, should be sufficient; it
eliminates dupes and uniques.  Only use a second connection as a backup, if
the first cluster goes down.

There is a relatively new feature in Win-Test that prints a warning if no
cluster traffic is received within a specified time period.  Right click on
the Alt-O window and select "Timeout Alarm".  Use this alarm to switch to
the backup cluster.

You may select any of the AR-Clusters or CC or DX Spider clusters listed
here:

http://www.dxcluster.info/telnet/index.php

The arcluster.reversebeacon.net node is no longer listed, but there are
many AR-Cluster alternatives.

I will be presenting an update to the talk you referenced at Dayton 2015
Contest University (CTU).  I hope to see some of you there.

There will also be an open discussion session where any and all questions
about Win-Test will be welcomed (14:40 local time, Thursday, May 14th,
Salon C/D, Crowne Plaza, Dayton).

http://www.contestuniversity.com/