[WT-support] Keyer speed using K3 macro

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Apr 22 01:42:37 CEST 2015

If you want the "+" and "-" speed change commands to be recognized in CW
messages, use the Win-Test menu *Options | CW*, and make sure "Speed
bursts" is enabled (new option in version 4.14).  The shortcut text command
you type in the logging window is BURSTS [Enter] (or NOBURSTS).

The KX3 scripts do not support speed changes with "+" and "-" because if I
made them work, other K3 commands would stop working as they do now.

The K3 scripts support keeping the K3 internal keyer's paddle speed in
sync. with the Win-Test keying speed (if you change speed only with
Win-Test keys, not the speed knob).  LUA scripts have no easy way to read
data from the radio's serial port, they can only send commands to the port.

I assume you are using CONFIG: PTT-KEY = RTS-DTR in the K3, and that you
have set DTR = CW, RTS = PTT in the COM port dialog for the K3.  + and - in
CW messages will speed up and slow down 2 WPM.  They do not affect the K3
paddle speed.