[WT-support] Why no BARTG RTTY Support

AC0W ac0w at charter.net
Wed Jan 16 00:06:54 CET 2013

While I consider Win-Test the best contest logger software out there, I
found that it is very difficult to become proficient at it when a person
must use different logging software for different contests. This year I
decided to focus on using one of the inferior products that I can use in
all the contests I operate in an attempt to see if I can become more
proficient at it, translating into more Q's into the log. I'm finding
this strategy is work for me. Hopefully some day Win-Test will come up
with a way to allow the non-supported contests to be added easily.

I understand the challenges but at the same time I struggle to
understand with the power of today's computers and software how was it
possible that two DOS based contest logging software were able to
implement a system where the user could define their own contest and
supply their own multiplier list fairly easily.

At some point something will need to be done in order to retain a user
base.

Bill
AC0W