[WT-support] SO2R without expensive controller?

gt-i at gmx.net gt-i at gmx.net
Tue Aug 27 18:58:31 CEST 2013

Andreas,
I'm using the microham u2r which turned out to be a good invest.
I used all sorts of self-made serial-port and relay switching gear in
the past, but it was always a lot of work to get it up b4 and to use it
with HP. RF related problems can be really nasty...

For those who are interested, the USB connection of u2r is based on
ELTIMA virtual ports (http://www.eltima.com/products/serialsplitter/)
I played around with it and realized that microham did a really good job
in handling virtual ports in a stable manner. When I tried their demo
version, I had a few problems which I couldn't solve so I gave up on the
idea to build my own switch for less $$.

73/55
Gernot, DF5RF