[WT-support] 2Tone RTTY encoder support?

jegk at bariloche.com.ar jegk at bariloche.com.ar
Fri Aug 23 00:02:09 CEST 2013

I do some QSOs in last SARTG Test and use a laptop with 2Tone and MTTY engine only as
second decoder.
In hard conditions, weak signals and hvy QSB 2T works much better. Its realy a good
decoder, and is only this, a better decoder that enhace MTTYdecodification, you need have
installed  MTTY engine.and use it to transmit.
You can test 2Tone and with the notch killing one tone of a RTTY signal, and it decodes
perfect.
Jorge LV5V / LU5V V

On 22 Aug 2013 at 14:45, Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Bernhard Buettner DL6RAI <wt13 at dl6rai.muc.de>
wrote:
    > Most people don't use Win-Test on RTTY except for casual contesting, in
    > which case MMTTY and FSK works fine.

    How do you come to that conclusion? I know lots of people who use
    the WT+MMTTY combo for *serious* RTTY contesting.

It is true that the CQ WPX RTTY SOHP world record is held by someone using Win-Test
(UA5C operating EF8M).

I was referring tothe Logger Usage Statistics for the 2012 CQ WW WPX Contest. Less
than 200 logs out of the 3550 logs received used Win-Test in that contest (5.6%). More
people used N1MM (51%), MixW (14%), and Writelog(8%). They have more development
focus on RTTY operating than Win-Test.

Do you think if Win-Test worked better with 2-Tone, it would be any more popular? Is
2Tone that much better than MMTTY? I was disappointed that 2Tone was intended for
AFSK rather than FSK, and that it didn't have any PTT support.