[WT-support] 2Tone RTTY encoder support?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Aug 22 23:45:57 CEST 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Bernhard Buettner DL6RAI <
wt13 at dl6rai.muc.de> wrote:

> > Most people don't use Win-Test on RTTY except for casual contesting, in
> > which case MMTTY and FSK works fine.
>
> How do you come to that conclusion? I know lots of people who use
> the WT+MMTTY combo for *serious* RTTY contesting.

It is true that the CQ WPX RTTY SOHP world record is held by someone using
Win-Test (UA5C operating EF8M).

I was referring to the Logger Usage Statistics for the 2012 CQ WW WPX
Contest.  Less than 200 logs out of the 3550 logs received used Win-Test in
that contest (5.6%).  More people used N1MM (51%), MixW (14%), and
Writelog(8%).  They have more development focus on RTTY operating than
Win-Test.

Do you think if Win-Test worked better with 2-Tone, it would be any more
popular?  Is 2Tone that much better than MMTTY?  I was disappointed that
2Tone was intended for AFSK rather than FSK, and that it didn't have any
PTT support.