[WT-support] XP + MicroHAM problem

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Feb 23 10:11:20 CET 2012

On Feb 23, 2012 1:02 AM, "Simon Schelkshorn" <simon at schelkshorn.de> wrote:
> That is wrong! I have used the MKII serveral times as an external
Vocie-Keyer in the past and was able to
> record the messages just by pressing Shift-Fx.

OK, thanks.  I only have the MK2R+, so maybe the MKII works differently.

> Also here, that should work! I know that there is sometimes some
unpredictable behaviour with the MKII
> but basically when using the MKII built in soundcard for the contest
recorder the line input should be automatically
> selected. When using it together with the internal DVK is should
automatically switch over to the microphone
> when pressing Shift-Fx to record a message and then back to the line
input. Of course when playing back a
> message the recorded audio will be muted during that time.

I don't understand exactly how that could work unless Win-Test used special
protocol commands to switch microHAM audio inputs back and forth.

> I will try to test again
> this weekend when in CQ160 SSB. If everything works as described above, I
will make some screenshots
> to put in the wiki.

That would be very helpful Simon, thank you.