[WT-support] win-test in vhf/uhf contests

Rudolf Schwenger Rudolf.Schwenger at t-online.de
Wed Feb 22 17:10:11 CET 2012

Erwin,

I strongly dislike the tone and the wording of your mail. Apparently you are not really familiar with the background of the win test endeavour: All the money raised from selling WIN Test is devoted to upgrading FY5KE and to bring FY5KE as one of the major contest stations into the air. This is a much appreciated effort and thouroughly enriches the contest scenario for thousands of hams taking part in contests and being happy to work FY5KE as a multiplier especially on the low bands.

Apart from that the WIN Test Team has an outstanding reputation for fixing bugs overnight; sometimes even in the morning of the day the contest starts. I remeber an instance, when Ben, DL6RAI, reported a bug some years ago, when he was operating out of the Emirates. The bug was fixed within hours!

And as far as Aurora and other semi important things are concerned: WT offers the possibility to make a note. So just mark the qso and fix it afterwards in cabrillo or edi. After all: VHF and up is so slow - not to say boring - over long stretches of time that I really don't get your point. It's a minor issue. And the WT Team has always excelled in setting sound priorities. That's the way, professionals work. A "first come first serve" attitude is a little bit to simple minded when it comes to improve a very well designed and highly complex program....

See you in the DARC-VHF/UHF-Contest early in March and just try to give me one of these lovely 59A reports. I couldn't care less, hi....

vy 73 de Rudolf, DJ3WE