[WT-support] win-test in vhf/uhf contests

DK5EW dk5ew at mmmonvhf.de
Wed Feb 22 15:40:23 CET 2012

Dear Herve'
thank you for your statement.
In the program discription you write support of vhf contests so you
decided to go also this way.
If you had written there NO support for VHF contest or only support for
HF contest than I never had bought the program.
I run different programs and there it doesn't care much what report I
type in as it is only a input/output format.
As some write they report bugs and some still waiting 5 years for a
update this is a kind of ignorance to the users who buy the software.
Sorry to say it in hard words but this is no service to customers.

Erwin/DK5EW

Am 22.02.2012 13:40, schrieb F5HRY:
> Hello,
>
> As part of the Win-Test crew, and VHFer (and up) contester myself, I
> agree
> that Win-Test does not give an answer to all the features that we
> could need
> or imagine.
>
> BUT, Win-Test has never been designed for VHF contests. It is
> basically an
> HF contest logger, that has been "adapted" to VHF and up needs. We
> have never
> hidden it, and concentrated our efforts on developping the HF
> requirements.
>
> BTW, you may think it simple to add things like mixed mode QSOs or
> "unusual"
> reports, such as 59S (but also 59RS), 59A, and why not AS, ot F, or
> ionoscatter, or
> whatever new propagation mode could be used or discovered. But as
> those unusual
> mixed_mode/reports never appear in the HF contests, making them
> "recognized" by
> Win-Test requires a complete modification of the basic user logging
> interface. This could
> create side effects problems, which is against one goal of our global
> policy : reliability !
>
> Thus, I am afraid nothing will be done soon.
>
> 73,
> Hervé F5HRY
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Karel Odehnal" <odehnk at seznam.cz>

-----
eMail ist virenfrei.
Von AVG überprüft - www.avg.de
Version: 10.0.1424 / Virendatenbank: 2113/4824 - Ausgabedatum: 21.02.2012