[WT-support] win-test in vhf/uhf contests

Jan Kuhne jan.urbig at s1998.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Feb 22 09:17:05 CET 2012

Hi Bob,

> I'm not a VHF contester, so I'm not sure what an Aurora or Rain Scatter
> "report" looks like.  If it's just something put into the comment field of

It's simply replacing the T part of RST by a letter, eg 59A instead of
599 for aurora or 59S instead of 599 for rain scatter as the tone in
that propagation modes simply isn't T9 any more. And it's being used
for SSB as well, so also on SSB a rain scatter report is 59S instead
of the usual 59  so two things needed:

-disable format check for the T part of RST to allow letters to be entered
-allow RST's sent/received also for SSB

W.r.t to my 2nd question regarding SO2R:
> I am unable to replicate this with no radios connected via serial ports.

I was not aware of the Ctrl-F1/Ctrl-F2 keys (only doing CW on
shortwave so no need to change the mode anyway). With those it is
working so that one is solved. I tried it by typing CW or SSB into the
log field and there the behavior occurs.

73s,

Jan