[WT-support] Spotgrabbing in RTTY

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Feb 11 22:07:35 CET 2012

I think the easiest way around this is to use OmniRig rather than
Win-Test's built-in FT-1000 support.

   1. Exit Win-Test
   2. Download and install and configure OmniRig
   <http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig>for your radio(s).
   3. Restart Win-Test
   4. SETUP [Enter]
   5. Change Radio type from FT-1000MP to OmniRig
   6. Uncheck the COM port that Win-Test was using to control the radio (it
   will now be owned by OmniRig)
   7. Click *OK* and test
   8. If the radio still switches to the wrong RTTY mode, edit C:\Program
   Files\Afreet\OmniRig\Rigs\FT1000.ini and swap the commands issued by the
   PM_DIG_L and PM_DIG_U entries