[WT-support] WT RTTY (radio 1) window width - font size

Bill AC0W ac0w at charter.net
Tue Mar 3 04:15:51 CET 2009

Tom,

Having operated from large stations I agree that rotor control is a not a
needed feature for the large station. With multiple antennas and rotors
automatic rotor control would be a bother.

However, when operating from home with my single tower and single rotor,
having rotor control available through the PC allows me to do other tasks
that add to the score. I no longer have to pay attention to where the rotor
is pointed, keep my hand on the rotor controls, etc. I can stay more focused
on getting more QSO's into the log.

We are not talking about typing in a call and the rotor automatically turn
to that station. We are talking about the operator making a decision of when
the rotor turns. Example is after running EU for a while you determine that
it is time to work AF, type in 90 in the callsign field, CTRL- F10, rotor
turns antenna to 90 degrees. While it is doing this you continue to make
contacts or change bandes, etc. Sometime you do type in the call and
CTRL-F10 to turn the rotor to that station, when you happen upon a juicy DX
station.

So the wear and tear people argue about does not happen.

Like the previous writer, CT had this in the DOS days. Since this program is
billed as the CT replacement I would hope at some point in time it would
have the same features as CT had.

Bill
AC0W