[WT-support] New User

marcelo at alternex.com.br marcelo at alternex.com.br
Wed Jun 3 16:49:31 CEST 2009

Thank you Hans
Yes, I do have one! I will check that.
Sorry for the awful formatting of my last messege, I pasted the text into my webmail
and there was some problem.
73
Marcelo, PY1KN
> Hi Marcelo, > Regarding the DX-Cluster problem. > Do you
use a USB mobile phone internet modem? > I know that there is an issue with
that specific combination. > > Hans - SMØIMJ > > On 6/3/09, marcelo at alternex.com.br <marcelo at alternex.com.br> wrote: >> >> >> Hello >> everyone >>
to >> give it a try >> for a long time, so I decided to jump in
right in a big contest. >> >> >> >> >> >> I was >> impressed and very pleased with the
software, but had some issues that I´d >> like to >> share
and get some input from the community. >> >> >> >> >> >> First I could never get the DXCluster interface
>> to work. The Telnet client connected, but I got the dreaded "Error
opening >> UDP >> socket #10013" message whenever I >> tried to configure the loopback IP. From what I saw in the archives, this is
>> probably >> caused by some other piece of software.
I’ll investigate that. >> >> >> >> >> >> I found the outgoing >> serial
numbers a bit crammed. Maybe it is just an impression, but I had an >>
unusual high >> number of repeat requests. Is there any parameter anywhere
(wintest, winkey) >> to insert a >> tiny fraction of a second
between each figure of the S/N? >> >> >> >> >> >> I also had >> a small but annoying
delay between pressing the + key and the start of >> transmission. >> Maybe I need a faster computer, maybe it’s the time to process the
>> $CORRECT. It is >> really annoying in fast pile-ups. >> >> >> >> >> >>
Apart from >> these issues, I was very pleased with the software, and intend
to definitely >> make the >> switch. There some other small
things I need to get more used to, like the >> overwrite >> mode
when typing serial numbers, but that’s part of the learning >>
curve. >> >> >> >> >> >> 73 and CU >> in the contests >> >> >> >> Marcelo, >> PY1KN >> >>
Johansson - SMØIMJ > mailto:sm0imj at ssa.se >