[WT-support] WT and MMTTY

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Feb 24 19:20:08 CET 2009

2009/2/24 Bernard Backaert <bbackaert at skynet.be>

>  I loaded down the engine version of MMTTY and was trying to run WT with
> MMTTY.
>
> I get the RTTY window for a few seconds and disappears.  I believe there
> must be some conflict some where but can not find it.
>
> Can somebody help me to put me on the right rails to start in RTTY with
> WT.?

First on the MMTTY "TX" tab, be sure to press the [Radio Command] button and
set the Radio Port to NONE.  Win-Test must be in control of your rig's
serial port, not MMTTY.   Get MMTTY working first, then close the program
and open Win-Test.

Second, in Win-Test Interface Configuration (SETUP), you must disable all
PTT ports.  MMTTY must be in control of PTT, not Win-Test.

Finally, review the RTTY set-up guides:

http://www.aa5au.com/gettingstarted/GettingStartedOnRtty.html - very
detailed MMTTY set-up guide
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/RTTY
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/BestPractice1

If you still have the same problem, post screen shots of every MMTTY and
Win-Test SETUP page to the web somewhere to help us diagnose the issue.  The
contents of the Windows Device Manager "Ports" settings would also be
helpful, and a description of all your serial ports and what is connected to
each one.