[WT-support] SO2R - Secondary window

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Aug 26 20:21:14 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:37 AM, SM5AJV <sm5ajv at qrq.se> wrote:

> ALT-T
> I have noticed that the ALT-T (listen to secondary radio)
> toggles the Audio 'Radio' button in the Secondary Window
> but the HW-signal (RTS or DTR) doesn't toggle. Is this a
> Bug?

Does RTS/DTR toggle when you press [*], or [*] and [F4]?  By design,
headphone switching can be separate from transmitter switching.

> PTT-signal
> How is the PTT-signal supposed to work when you have
> interfaced a WinKeyer as keying device? I couldn't see
> any ON/OFF-changes on the RTS/DTR-pins.

It is handled by the WinKey chip.  For the WinKey 2, Pin 9 is PTT1, Pin 3 is
PTT2.  Note that PTT delay may not work if you try to use the Win-Test
WKSETUP menu, which was designed to support the original WinKey chip, not
the WinKey2.  You have to use dedicated WinKey set-up software (e.g.
microHAM Router program) to configure the WinKey2 PTT seettings.

The WinKey "Admin" command:

<00><01>

will reset everything in the WinKey2 and probably clear Farnsworth mode.

Better yet, if you can send the Farnsworth command

<0D><0A>

to the WinKey, the will disable Farnsworth mode for 10 WPM or more.  This
happens to the CR-LF sequence.  So if you create a 2-byte file with these
characters in it (Use Notepad to create a new file if the attachment fails
to come through, Press Enter once to move the cursor down one line, File
Save) and write that file to the WinKeyer COM port, that may reset
Farnsworth mode.

   1. Exit Win-Test
   From a DOS command prompt:
   2. MODE COMx: 1200,8,n,2
   3. COPY /b TheTwoByteFile.txt COMx:

Where "x" is your WinKey port, e.g. COM5:  .

Don't forget the trailing colon (:).  Please report results; I haven't
confirmed that this works.