[WT-support] Friend.ini file

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Sep 7 21:27:12 CEST 2008

2008/9/7 Steve and Judy <hodgson at cytanet.com.cy>

>  When setting up the F3 macro for confirming a Qso, if you typed in - N6TV
> - Tks - <Hi> de ZC4LI  then  when you hit the F3 key  it would send N6TV TKS
> BOB. de ZC4LI.
>
> Presumably if I follow your instructions I should be able to do the same in
> Win-Test.

Yes, it is explained under "Directives"
here<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Directives>.
 So, for example add the line

  # VARIABLE $OPNAME

at the top of the .XDT file, then you can use $OPNAME in a CW message to
send the operator's name as found in the database.

During the RU RTTY Contest yesterday the progamme locked up and I had to
> quit and then restart to get going again, is this a common occurence and has
> it been reported b4 ?

A lock-up is not a common occurrence with Win-Test, so if you can figure out
step-by-step procedures to cause the problem, that will make it really easy
for the problem to be fixed.  Just document the steps in a bug report, using
http://bugs.win-test.com .