[WT-support] Can't get rig control working

Jim Martin mm0bqi at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jul 14 09:05:30 CEST 2007

Hello Dick
I have been struggling with my Icom (746pro) this week as well.  For some strange reason Icom comms seem to be more fragile than others to set up and run.
I have been using the microkeyer and the MK2R and found the following settings work most reliably.
9600 n 1
DTR and RTS set to 'always off'
I have Transceive switched off and 'don't poll' unchecked
Router always seems to manage to communicate with the rig even if some settings are not quite right, the applications however seem to be more sensitive!
N1MM has the advantage in that you can restart radio comms from the band map (right click 'reset radio') I have not found a similar command in WT.......yet
These settings have been stable and working for the past few days so will give it a good test today in IARU and then hopefully all will be well for the IOTA contest in two weeks time.
73
Jim,  MM0BQI

IOTA DXpedition EU092 GB5SI  22 July - 5 August and 15 - 21 September.
                                                    MM0Q in IOTA contest
                             EU108 MM0BQI/P  Lunga, Treshnish Isles 1-3 September.
                                                     www.qsl.net/mm0bqi