[WT-support] Can't get rig control working

Dick Dievendorff dieven at comcast.net
Sat Jul 14 05:29:40 CEST 2007

I'm trying to get radio control working with my Icom 7800, a microHAM microKEYER and
WinTest.

The microHAM Device Router (version 4.0.10) is talking to the rig.

When I start the N1MM logger, I'm getting the correct rig interaction with N1MM.

So I believe the rig, microKEYER and Device Router are working correctly.

I'm asking WinTest to talk to COM3 (the virtual port I've configured the microHAM
router for the rig), I've identified my rig as an ICOM 7800, and I'm using the same
9600 N 2 setting as N1MM and the device router have.

WinTest doesn't seem to be able to figure out the frequency my radio is on.

I'm using the Options - Configure Interfaces. menu choice to get the Interfaces
configuration page.

I've clicked COM3, set it to Radio 1, 9600-N-2.

I've set the Radio 1 transceivers to IC-7800 and have "Use CI-V transceiver" set.  My
rig is at address 6A 9600 baud.

Winkey on COM5, which goes through the same microHAM router into the microKEYER seems
to be working fine.

Any suggestions?  I can use N1MM again, but I thought I'd like to use the new Win-Test
logger I just bought if I can get it working right.

Thanks & 73 de Dick, K6KR