[WT-support] euhfc.dtb

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Aug 3 16:07:11 CEST 2007

Me again

Zoli Pitman HA1AG a écrit :

> So my question is why WT is complaining about not finding HF-WTB when it is not needed at the first place (the relevant SCP's are present and properly loaded). I tried it with only EU_HF.SCP and MASTER.SCP being present at startup as well as with both being in WT dir.

If there is no appropriate DTB file (exchange file), WT always tries to
load HF.DTB (or VHF.DTB).

I understand it might sounds a bit complicated, but we have to deal with
historical code in which databases and checkPartial/N+1 files were not
distinct and even mixed in the same memory structures (which adds one
more layer of complexity !). We did one step by allowing different files
for checkPartial/N+1 and exchanges, but some constraints remain.

Our goal is to totally separate these two features someday. But it will
require a good amount of coding, and certainly new files structures
(meaning breaking compatibility with existing exchange databases).

My best advice for now is to keep the former HF.DTB to get rid of the
alert message. If you use appropriate checkPartial and exchange files,
they will be taken into account for the searches.

As a final note, as you extracted the EU callsigns from the K5ZD, it
could be a good idea to share it with the WT community. We'll glad to
make it available on our FTP server.

73

Larry - F6FVY