*****SPAM***** [WT-support] QSX test results

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Sep 23 07:39:35 CEST 2006

Hi -

> 1)Win-Test correctly accepts Spots with a QSX Frequency, places the
> Frequencies into the correct VFO, and places the XCVR’s into SPLIT Mode
>
> 2)ALT-F3 causes SIMPLEX Spots to formatted correctly
>
> 3)However with*SPLIT SPOTS, *pressing ALT-F3 results in the *VFO-B
> Frequency* being used for *BOTH* Frequencies.
>
> Example:          VFO-A on 14200.0, VFO-B on 14250.0, XCVR in SPLIT Mode
> – if the operator presses ALT-F3, this is the result: *DX F6FVY 14250.0
> QSX 14.250.0*
>
> 4)Entering *SPLIT SPOTS* into the BandMap with CONTROLàENTER does not
> work properly.
>
> Example:          VFO-A on 14200.0, VFO-B on 14250.0, XCVR in SPLIT
> Mode, CONTROLàENTER is Pressed
>
>                         SPOT is entered into the BandMap prefaced with a
> TILDE (“~”)
>
>                         If the operator subsequently Double-clicks on
> this Spot in either the BandMap or Announcement Windows
>
> a)Both VFO’s are incorrectly set to the VFO-B Frequency
>
> b)The XCVR is correctly placed in SPLIT Mode
>
> c)This happens regardless of whether the XCVR is initially in either
> SIMPLEX or SPLIT Mode

Tks. I'll check with Larry.

> 5)When either the IC-781 and IC-7800 are placed into SPLIT Mode by
> manually pressing the Front Panel SPLIT Button, the the BandMap does not
> switch to indicate SPLIT Mode nor display the B-VFO Frequency.  A SPLIT
> must be entered via the MINUS Key for the BandMap to properly indicate
> SPLIT Mode and Display the SPLIT Frequency.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to do for correcting this because it's
an Icom issue. Actually, the Icom protocol does not send any protocol to
the computer to reflect manual changes done on the Front Panel to the
SPLIT status. I'm afraid you will have to live with this!

73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn