[WT-support] W5XD Keyer with WT

Franck Poirot f8crh at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 5 07:40:54 CET 2006

Hi George,

>WT talks to my Kenwood radio through it fine but I cannot get it to key the rig.
>It may be the settings I have, so is there anyone out there using this successfully please.
>Any advice greatly appreciated.

I used a multikeyer during two years and only in cw.
If I remember, there are major settings to be able to validate CW/PTT and SO2R switch

For CW/PTT, check in the WT interface setup window and configure your com properties with DTR pin4 for PTT and RTS pin7 for CW (active on both radios)

For SO2R switch, the w5xd multikeyer can't work in the "advanced SO2R" mode. It works only in the simple "SO2R" mode in the operating/technique window.

Hope this Help,

73's
Franck, F8CRH