[WT-support] IARU Log Cabrillo Error

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Aug 10 19:38:48 CEST 2005

Hi again

HRS I4UFH a écrit :

> You are right to follow the ARRL suggestion, but reading the rules
> operator-category, band-category and  power-category are mandatory only
> in the Contests were band-category and  power-category are not unique. In
> the IARU Contest the MULTI-ONE is only ALL and HIGH, so
> these information are not need to be defined, and probable for this more
> chrs after MULTI-ONE are not recognized.

You're right, but the rules are totally independant of the file format
standard.

If the band-category and the power-category were optional, the specs
would have been be clear on that. And they must be marked between []
(like the mode-category).

If it is *their* choice to *ignore* the band-category and the
power-category, no problem. But they must not *reject* logs which are
compliant with *their* standerd !

One can find plenty of excuses but : They're wrong. Period.

It's the last post on this topic for me.

73

Larry (a bit upset - I admit it ;-) )