[WT-support] Progress and a question or two

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Sep 22 23:24:33 CEST 2004

Hi Pete

Pete Smith a écrit :

> It appears that Radio 1 needs to be selected in the LPT1 interface
> configuration, or else the CW does not work in an SO2R situation, using
> LPT keying.  Is this correct?

That's correct.

In fact, selecting the LPT port (as radio1 for ex) ensures that usual
signals (PTT, CW, RadioA/radioB, DVK and BandData) will be set.

> Do I understand that there is, as yet, no provision for Internet DX
> cluster operation?  I can't find anything in the documentation dealing
> with this topic, but when I enabled the Ethernet connection, my computer
> saw Win-Test trying to receive data from the Internet, so perhaps I am
> missing something.

The Internet DX cluster data are provided via the Ethernet network and
require WtDxTelnet (a freeware which can run also on a stand alone basis) :

http://download.win-test.com/wtDxTelnet-1.1.exe

Here's a short guide :

WtDxTelnet configuration :

- Install it in the Win-Test directory for example.
- Start it (!)
- Options / DxCluster : Set the host address, login, password of your
favorite DX Cluster etc...
- Options / Win-Test network :

If you're using WT and WtDxCluster on the same machine (usual case) and
have no other networked WT machines, use the 127.255.255.255 IP
broadcast address (keep the 9871 default port).

If you're using WT and WtDxCluster on different machines (for a multi-op
networked operation for example), you must provide a broadcast IP
address which covers all the networked machines.

You can then connect to your favorite cluster (DxCluster/Connect) with
WtDxTelnet.

Now, in the WT interface dialog, you must set the same IP broadcast
address and port number.

Once a contest file opened, the Alt-O monitors the packet flow, Alt-A
displays spots (use the contextual menu to set options), Alt-T sends
data to the cluster, and Solar window displays solar indexes charts.

Have fun !

73

Larry - F6FVY