[WT-support] Progress and a question or two

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Sep 22 22:40:41 CEST 2004

Well, I have the program controlling both radios now - a Mark 5 (Radio 1)
and a TS-930/PIEXX (Radio 2).  My radios are both switched and keyed by a
TopTen DXD controller, which has only one CW output, which it switches from
one radio to the other under command of the computer.

I can switch radios fine with the mouse, although the numeric "*" key does
not seem to work.  It switches the program's focus but does not switch the
DXD through the LPT port.  When I switch radios with the mouse, the DXD
switches and the CW goes to the right radio.

It appears that Radio 1 needs to be selected in the LPT1 interface
configuration, or else the CW does not work in an SO2R situation, using LPT
keying.  Is this correct?

Do I understand that there is, as yet, no provision for Internet DX cluster
operation?  I can't find anything in the documentation dealing with this
topic, but when I enabled the Ethernet connection, my computer saw Win-Test
trying to receive data from the Internet, so perhaps I am missing something.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
has just been updated
2853 contest stations at