[WT-support] Summary Window again

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Sep 15 12:28:22 CEST 2004

Hi John

John Coleman a écrit :

(snip)

> Its the metres versus MHZ thing.

Definitely ! But we also can say that if we need to go to an "higher"
band, it sounds logical to click on the up arrow ;-)

In fact, to be honnest, you must know that experienced users never use
the arrows icons nor Alt-F1/F2 keys : They enter the band (in meters for
HF), or the frequency (in kHz) in the callsign field and hit 'Enter' !

It's easier... and _safer_ : For example, in a multi-2 environment,
let's assume Run1 is on 20, Run2 on 40, and Run1 wants to come on 80. If
you're a bit tired and use Alt-F1 (instead of Alt-F2) - I assume you
have controlled-radios - the Run1 receiver will be on 40 m a fraction of
time, which can be long enough to blow up your RX front-end, because
your friend on Run2 is transmitting on 40 ! If you enter '80' and
'Enter' your receiver will directly jump to 80 with no damage.

The same hint applies for modes : "Just type it", as they say : SSB, CW,
RTTY etc...

The list of text command is available here :

http://www.win-test.com/ref_manual/en/textCommands.html

Few of them are missing (we're a bit late...) : You can find them in the
release.txt file.

73

Larry - F6FVY