[WT-support] RTTY PTT Problem

Peter Hansen w8twa at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 9 13:17:47 CET 2024

To provide PTT and FSK for RTTY, I am using an FTDI USB to RS232 adapter
connected to a Keying interface which then is connected to a Y-box
providing the signals to the ACC port on my K3S.A second USB connection
goes directly to the K3S for Radio Command. This setup works perfectly
on MMTTY stand alone, and also on N1MM but not on Win-Test 4.50.0.If I
attempt to assign PTT & FSK to COM6 on the TX Setup on the MMTTY window,
I get the message “can’t open COM6 at 45 baud, use EXT FSK”.Using the
EXT FSK selection as instructed does not produce any error messages, but
the PTT and FSK functions do not work.The exact same settings on MMTTY
stand alone and N1MM both work properly. Windows 10 computer, FTDI
driver is up to date.