[WT-support] IARU HF Championship 2023 - multiplier list of HQ stations

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Jun 15 23:30:02 CEST 2023

On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 1:59 PM Noel F6BGC <f6bgc74 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In 2022, the ITU.DTB file was about 637kB.
> 2023 version is 4kB. Is it normal ? What's missing ?

I'm not sure where you obtained the 637 kB ITU.DTB file.  This file, dated
July 7, 2022, is only 4K:

http://download.win-test.com/databases/ITU.DTB

However, if someone loads a bunch of old WT4 files into Win-Test, one at a
time, then selects *File | Update Exchange Database...* from the Win-Test
menu, that will load all the callsigns and ITU zone exchanges from every
station in the log into the itu.dtb file, really is not a good idea.
You'll even get a warning message about that if you try to do it.

Why?

Because ITU zone information is properly pre-filled by selecting
CTY_WT_MOD.DAT as the country file.  ITU.DTB should only be used for HQ
prefills, not zones.

The Win-Test default country file for new PC installation is,
unfortunately, CTY.DAT, which will do a really bad job of prefilling ITU
Zones.  Type *CTYFILES [Enter] *in the Win-Test logging window and make
sure *CTY_WT_MOD.DAT *is selected and is up to date.

I uploaded both new files, itu.dtb and iaru.xdt.
> It works perfectly with win-test, but in this particular case, I don't see
> any added value using xdt file, there is no more information because IARU
> society is already present in the exchange field.
> Any comments ?

I explained the reasoning for using both files 6 years ago, in this post,
remember? ;-)

http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2017-June/085580.html

Be sure to press Alt+X to display the "Extra Information" window to see the
"default" prefill.