[WT-support] editing country files

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Tue Oct 28 03:19:41 CET 2008

Wayne . one thing that needs to be emphasized is that CTY.DAT is not
suitable for use with Win-Test.  You should use either CTY_WT.DAT or
CY_MOD.DAT.  AD1C not maintains all three versions.

For example, CTY.DAT has no mechanism for determining Canadian or US Zones.
CT had an INTERNAL MECHANISM for determining VE and US Zones from the
callsign.

I know Win-Test defaults to using CTY.DAT.  Users should go to
OPTIONS-->DATA FILES-->COUNTRY FILES and select CTY_WT.DAT or CTY_MOD.DAT.
If you do this before generating a NEW LOG, nothing else is required to use
the selected file.  If the change is made after a Log File has been
generated, open the file and then type RELOADNOW in the Callsign Field to
insure that the log uses the new Country File.

73 ---> Dave, W9ZRX

  _____