[WT-support] Anyone using ICOM IC-7600?

Bernhard Buettner dl6rai at posteo.de
Sun Jan 22 23:53:43 CET 2023

I seem to have an issue controlling my "new" IC-7600 (built in ca. 2009)
from Win-Test. Communication between WT and the radio is basically
working - but when I tune the band with the VFO knob the frequency
updates are rather slow and stuttering.

I am using CI-V on the Win-Test side with 19200 baud. Firmware is
version 2.00. Radio is also set to CI-V Transceive. I am using a
microHAM MK2 controller where I selected the ICOM IC-7600, fw 2.00+
driver. In the microHAM debug protocol I can see high amounts of polling
and traffic going back and forth and "xx bytes waiting" messages.

When I switch Win-Test to use the IC-Generic driver, things return to
normal (instant frequency updates, no stuttering).

Does anyone else have this issue?

73 Ben, DL6RAI
--
Bernhard Büttner
dl6rai at posteo.de
Obere Dorfstrasse 21, 86556 Stockensau, Germany
+49 (0) 8257 9276757