[WT-support] How do I send info from LUA script to external app?

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sun Feb 5 18:18:16 CET 2023

Hi Mark

Le 05/02/2023 à 18:08, Mark Bailey a écrit :

> I am currently using the wtGab:send API.  This works (my App monitors
> the UDP network traffic) but makes the Gab window almost useless since
> the sent Gab messages fill up the window.
>
> I send to a dedicated instance of Win-Test so the received messages
> don't do the same.
>
> Is there a better way?

It depends on the kind of "info" you want to send to your external app.

If it's plain text, this API is probably the best way.

If it's a command or some data, you can use a text command (with no
notification). If you don't fully respect the text commands syntax
(uppercased and characters restricted), be sure to send it to your app
name only, or it could crash the others Win-Test on the network ;-)

wtApp:TextCommand(strCommand [, strStation [, nNotificationID]])
strCommand is a WT text command.
[1.3.0] : strStation and nNotificationID added.
strStation is the Station name on the network to send the command to.
Use "*" to send to all stns of the network [1.9.0]
nNotificationID is the ID of the notification issued
after the completion of the command (see WT_REMOTE_NOTIFY_* constants).

-- Remote Notification IDs

WT_REMOTE_NOTIFY_ALWAYS = 0;
WT_REMOTE_NOTIFY_NEVER = 1;
WT_REMOTE_NOTIFY_IF_SUCCESS = 2;
WT_REMOTE_NOTIFY_IF_FAILURE = 3;

73

Larry - F6FVY

--

Si vis pacem, para bellum - Végèce, Epitoma Rei Militaris