[WT-support] Feature request/suggestion: "auto-spot" in SSB while working S&P

Sat Nov 6 17:37:02 CET 2021

Hi Chris,

> N1MM+ has such a feature which I've never enabled because, on the rare
> occasion that I operate a phone contests, I consistently end up
> running some number of QSOs without correctly entering Run mode in the
> logger because I don't use F-keys to send voice memories in the
> logging program.
For those, the feature is turned off by default.

> I suspect lots of part-time and reluctant phone ops use a live mic
> only, or an external voicekeyer built into the radio. In that case,
> the logging program has no way of knowing when you enter Run mode
> because you never press F1. So you may end up unintentionally spotting
> your callers on your QRG.
They as well have the "all time possibility" never switching on that
feature. But those who frequently work SSB-contests AND use DVK as
well... WT is a program which is used by all groups of contesters. The
full- and the parttime-contesters.

73,
Lenz, DL8RDL