[WT-support] Feature request/suggestion: "auto-spot" in SSB while working S&P

Chris Plumblee chris.plumblee at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 15:44:15 CET 2021

I would respectfully caution against this feature.

N1MM+ has such a feature which I've never enabled because, on the rare
occasion that I operate a phone contests, I consistently end up running
some number of QSOs without correctly entering Run mode in the logger
because I don't use F-keys to send voice memories in the logging program.

I suspect lots of part-time and reluctant phone ops use a live mic only, or
an external voicekeyer built into the radio. In that case, the logging
program has no way of knowing when you enter Run mode because you never
press F1. So you may end up unintentionally spotting your callers on your
QRG.

73,
Chris W4WF

--