[WT-support] OmniRig & CW keying

dl2alf dl2alf at arcor.de
Wed May 5 17:02:35 CEST 2021

Hi Bob & Larry,

Thanks for the feedback & hints. (@Bob: Nice presentation BTW)

I’m quite familiar with these things…

Using a second COM only for keying is an option. At least I had to cope with limited space and few USB ports in our 19” contest rack.

With all these (free of charge) port emulators and routers I didn’t get happy in the past.

I’ve programmed an own COM router with com0com a while ago but this was for ICOM devices only.

All those solutions a not very handy…

Currently, I’ve done a full port of OmniRig sourc code to managed .NET running on Windows & Linux/Mono for the use with AirScout (without the ActiveX COM interface).

Therefore I know that OmniRig does support setting/resetting of status lines via ActiveX interface. But I didn’t check the timing behavior so far.

All of this would not help because Win-Test does not support keying via OmniRig so far.

@Larry:

The OmniRig ActiveX object gives you a “PortBits” interface which allows read/write access to the RTS and DTR line (and read access to the others)

Is it worth to give a try implementing this in Win-Test?

If not, I can live with above mentioned solution, tnx.

73 de Frank, DL2ALF