[WT-support] Strange problem switching bands with TRX connected by Omnirig and same IF

Alexander Kurpiers a.kurpiers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 15:16:45 CET 2019

Hi Bob,

I'm unfortunately not in front of the setup... but the software is about
2 years old (Omnirig). Need to check, if it is related to the VFO B.

I will try native IC7100 instead of OmniRig - but I'm fairly sure that
it works (as a similar setup works with IC7400). And I need Omnirig in
the end (as I need to control the radio from Win-Test and HPSDR at the
same time)

I agree that having 2 bands mapped to the same IF is problematic. But as
I wrote this works for the setup with IC7400 (native support, not
through Omnirig). That setup runs with "Don't Poll", I guess the problem
is there.

And I don't agree that Win-Test can't decide on the right frequency - if
in doubt and the current frequency "fits", why switch bands?

Just to confirm: there is only one IC7100 connected and I switch between
10 and 24 GHz by switching the transverters on the transceiver input.
Then I switch bands (manually) with the blue arrows in the UI. I see the
band change in the UI, but it changes back immediately. It stays on the
right band only if I set the "Don't poll" option.

(It is not a huge deal - if I'm very lucky, I'll do 10 QSOs on 24GHz...
in 24h)

73' Alexander