[WT-support] SO2R key binding for rig focus move

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Feb 14 07:06:11 CET 2018

I recommend using only *Caps Lock Binds to Secondary radio*, otherwise you
have to hold down the shift key as if you were typing in ALL CAPS whenever
you want to enter data into the Secondary Radio window.

Furthermore, with Shift Binds to Secondary Radio, you will not be able to
type any of the digits in a callsign in the secondary radio window *unless* you
first redefine 10 keys: Shift+1 throught Shift+0, using REDEFINEKEYS, as
explained here:

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/SO2R/Shift_binds_second_radio

Finally, if the forward slash key [ / ] is above the number 7, as
apparently it is on certain non-U.S. keyboards, you have an even bigger
hassle, as explained in the link above.

In sum, *I recommend never using Shift Binds to Secondary Radio*.

In either case, be advised that if using a WinKey, the paddle doesn't
transmit on the "active" window *until* you send a message with a function
key.  You have to use the asterisk [ * ] key to swap the paddles and TX
Focus immediately, but then the windows switch around, which gets confusing.

This is one reason I connect a paddle to each radio and using the internal
keyers.  A lockout circuit is then required to prevent simultaneous
transmission on both paddles.

In sum, SO2R with Win-Test is very complicated.