[WT-support] Recorder

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Sep 21 03:27:56 CEST 2016

I assume that you are you using a USB cable to an Icom radio like an
IC-7851, and attempting to use the USB sound card built in to the radio as
the sound card input in the Win-Test Contest Recorder (so "USB Audio CODEC"
is selected as the recording device).

Unfortunately on CW, as you have discovered, the recording goes silent when
you transmit; no sidetone is recorded.  Icom is aware of this issue, but so
far they have not issued a firmware update to resolve it.

As an alternative, I've put together a presentation explaining various ways
to record a contest using the sound card in a PC or microHAM MK2R+.  See

How to Record an Entire Contest and Learn From Your Mistakes
<http://bit.ly/RecContest>

(this link and other presentations are also available on my QRZ.COM page
<http://www.qrz.com/db/n6tv>).