[WT-support] score not correctly synced through network

Alexander Kurpiers a.kurpiers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:36:18 CEST 2016

Hi Bob,

IARU VHF contest is easy: no multipliers, just distance accumulated
(http://slovhf.net/en/claimed/ is the live score).
All PCs ran the exact same software (=same PC image, same kind of PC,
Windows XP).
The contest version was "EU V/UHF - no multiplier".
Network was Ethernet.

Note that the logs were in sync (I "merged" them after the contest and
got no conflict/problem whatsoever). The number of QSOs was correct,
just the score was wrong.

Now that you mentioned it, I remember the change in network protocol.
That was one reason we stayed at 4.18... need to validate the newer
versions still.
Of course it does not make sense to debug 4.18 if the problem most
likely is gone with newer versions. But I did not find anything in the
release notes that could match (only "Log Sync : Better overall
performance. Tnx DJ7TO, DL5MLO and the DA0HQ team." - but I guess that's
more about performance and not linked to wrong results).

I don't know how to reproduce. But given that at least DL0GTH had the
same trouble, it seems systematic.

Regards,

Alexander