[WT-support] Win-Test in VHF/UHF Contests

Bernhard Buettner dl6rai at darc.de
Sun Nov 20 02:14:29 CET 2016

 Well, I think I never ran Win-Test as administrator in the last nine
years since I started using WT.

C:ProgramData is actually user-writable. I think that's why the decision
was made to split things up between the executables directory
(C:ProgramFiles (x86)) and the program data directory on Windows Vista
and later.

But indeed - I found out that I could not overwrite vhf.dtb in the
databases directory. However, I could make a copy and the copy is
user-writeable.

Thanks for coming up with the idea of write permissions, I had not
thought of this!

73 Ben, DL6RAI