[WT-support] IOTA Cabrillo

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Jul 24 02:07:53 CEST 2016

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 4:05 PM, paterson gordon <
gordon.paterson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Setting up for IOTA, will be MS so need to be able to produce cabrillo
> with indication of whether Mult or Run station worked AN Other station as I
> understand is required.
>
> Previously setup as follows:
>
> Setup log as multi op multi radio, not Multi Op 2 radio.
>
> On Run station, set the Station type as Run.
>
> On Mult station, set station type as Mult.
>
> Log QSO's and log is showing R or M under Station field.
>
> However when I create a cabrillo, the last field is always 0 regardless of
> whether the Mult or Run station worked the station. Is this an error or is
> there a different setup required now for MS?

If you are MS, select Category:  Multioperator, single-transmitter, not
"multi radio", even if you have both RUN and MULT stations with two radios
at each position, or one radio at each position.

Then type RUN on one station, and MULT on the other, and produce your
Cabrillo file; you should see a "0" for the QSOs logged on the RUN station
and a "1" for QSOs logged on the MULT station.

If you are M/2, you would enter RUN1 and RUN2 instead of RUN and MULT.  M/M
supports multiple runners and multiple mult stations, which is why the
commands worked, but they do not affect the Cabrillo file (no indicator
required for M/M class).

*Note*:  Don't forget to enable (or "select") *Commands | Station type |
Sticky setting*, otherwise Win-Test will not remember the RUN/MULT setting
between restarts, and your Cabrillo file will not indicate the proper
transmitter ID in the last column.