[WT-support] Support Digest, Vol 121, Issue 8

K0DQ k0dq at analog.org
Wed Sep 24 15:23:13 CEST 2014

Anton,

I've used almost that exact equipment suite in SO2R (at WW1WW).  It should
work well.

In addition to Bob, N6TV's, comments, I would note that a second alternative
for controlling the DX Doubler is through a PIEXX SO2Rxlat.  More expensive
than an LPT PCI card but useful for laptops and for moving from computer to
computer.  It plugs into a USB port and has a standard DB-25 output jack.

I also use two computers, but the second one strictly a backup.  It is
networked with the first and setup for quick transfer of connections if the
primary computer fails (which has occurred once or twice).  The first is
used as Bob notes.

73,

Scott

Message: 1