[WT-support] Controlling custom hardware?

SM5AJV sm5ajv at qrq.se
Mon Mar 17 11:05:13 CET 2014

I am actually looking at similar ideas.

One idea I've got is to use the WinTest Ethernet protocol and especially
the GAB message.

1. Write a script, i.e. SWAP.WTS that sends out a GAB with your own
'protocol'
   OH2RA-R1-ANT-SEL: TH6DXXX and after that letting doing the '*'.

2. Make your VB program WT aware by listen and sending on the broadcast
address / port and parse your own 'protocol'

It would be nice if the software authors also opened up the 'secrets' about
the REMOTE in the network protocol.
For instance: is it possible to add arguments when using a REMOTE called
LUA script? If that is possible, one could
also communicate back from your VB program.

I am using Python right now and are experimenting with a spot-listener that
is sending back a GAB message when your own callsign is spotted. I think it
is rather useful in the todays spot flood from the RBN. Since you very
often miss the short lived 'You are spotted ..' message below the last line
of the log.

73
Ingo SM5AJV / SE5E