[WT-support] Can the window layout be saved between contests?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Mar 15 22:39:07 CET 2013

Instead of creating a new log, which uses the one and only "default"
layout, and resets all the CW / RTTY messages to useless defaults, just *
copy* "last year's" log to "this year's log" (the .wt4 file), then open
"this year's log" and enter the command "CLEARLOGNOW" to remove all the
QSOs from it.  All the CW/RTTY messages *and* window positions are then
preserved.

This allows you to use different preferred window positions for each
contest (e.g. some operating with cluster windows, some without).