[WT-support] Help - sound files for SSB contesting? any "HOW-TO"?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Sep 17 20:45:59 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM,  wrote:

> Just want to make a few smaller soundfiles, e.i. CQ call and "Your'
> five-nine-one-four" and so on
> Where to put the files?
> How to integrate them i Win-Test?

Use Win-Test itself to record the sound files, e.g. by pressing Shift+F1,
Shift+F4, etc.  Then press F1, F4, etc. to play them back.

Win-Test automatically generates 8 different versions of every message,
each at a different speed, so that you can speed up and slow down voice
messages the same as you do on CW (via Alt-F9 and Alt-F10).  But I don't
know if many people use this feature.

It has to be the computer in it self - I don't have any big
> expensive "blackbox"

If you want to edit the recordings yourself, the file locations are
described in this
post<http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2011-March/080906.html>
.